Final Argument: Great whiteboard and presentation iPad app
Final Argument (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-argument/id480232096?ls=1&mt=8) captured my attention because of its mind mapped, non-linear layout of slides.
Features (see screenshot):
1. There’s a separation of presenter’s view from the audience’s view. As a presenter, you see both screens which helps you with transition between slides but your audience sees only the slides in audience’s view. You also have the option to show your audience the entire screen of your iPad (both views).
2. Presenter’s view has a mind map layout of slides so that you can organize slides as a mind map and plan your presentation. See this 90 second demo: http://vimeo.com/63642959#.
3. You can record sessions (screencasts) and export as video.
4. You can pull contents, including PPT, from the cloud (Dropbox, Evernote, etc). I pulled a PPT file from Dropbox and worked without a glitch.
5. Use as whiteboard: draw, and add/modify objects. Zoom in and out to manipulate whiteboard and objects.
6. Use laser while presenting or make edits to slides as you present.
7. Integrates with Explain Everything (https://itunes.apple.com/app/explain-everything/id431493086?ls=1&mt=8), a sister app whiteboard and screencasting tool.
Check out this 2-minute overview of the app: http://vimeo.com/61993814.
Also check out these video tutorials (connect to cloud, create a presentation from existing materials, explain slides using whiteboard, organize your slides as a mind map, using the external screen, record presentation as a screencast): http://www.morriscooke.com/?p=1029.
I was greatly impressed with the functionality and can see why it’s getting great reviews from lawyers, professors, and business professionals.